If you’re in the market for a new HVAC system, you might be wondering whether you should opt for a higher SEER unit. SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, is a measure of an air conditioner’s efficiency. The higher the SEER rating, the more energy efficient the unit is. An 18.5 SEER unit is one of the highest efficiency HVAC systems currently available, and it can offer numerous benefits compared to a standard 10 or 15 SEER unit. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the advantages of an 18.5 SEER unit and how it can help you save money and improve comfort in your home.
- Energy Efficiency: The most obvious advantage of an 18.5 SEER unit is its energy efficiency. SEER ratings are calculated based on the amount of cooling output produced per unit of energy used. An 18.5 SEER unit uses 20-30% less energy compared to a standard 10 SEER unit, and 15-20% less compared to a 15 SEER unit. This means that you can save up to 20-30% on your energy bills by upgrading to an 18.5 SEER unit. The exact savings will depend on various factors such as your climate, usage patterns, and the size of your HVAC system.
- Quiet Operation: Another advantage of an 18.5 SEER unit is its quiet operation. High efficiency HVAC systems typically operate more quietly compared to standard units, and an 18.5 SEER unit is no exception. The quiet operation of the unit will help to create a more comfortable and peaceful indoor environment.
- Comfortable Indoor Climate: An 18.5 SEER unit can also help to provide a more consistent and comfortable indoor temperature. This is because the unit operates more efficiently and effectively, meaning that it can better maintain the desired indoor temperature. The result is a more comfortable and consistent indoor climate throughout the year.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: The high efficiency of an 18.5 SEER unit also means that it will require less maintenance compared to a standard unit. This can result in lower maintenance costs and a longer lifespan for the unit. Additionally, the more efficient operation of the unit can also help to extend the life of other components such as the compressor and condenser.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: By using less energy, an 18.5 SEER unit also results in a lower carbon footprint. This is because the unit produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared to a standard unit, making it a more environmentally friendly choice.
An 18.5 SEER unit is a highly efficient and effective HVAC system that offers numerous benefits compared to a standard 10 or 15 SEER unit. The energy efficiency of the unit can result in significant savings on your energy bills, while the quiet operation, comfortable indoor climate, lower maintenance costs, and reduced carbon footprint make it an attractive choice for homeowners. If you’re in the market for a new HVAC system, consider upgrading to an 18.5 SEER unit and enjoy the benefits of improved energy efficiency and comfort in your home.
Call Robert’s AC to find out more about a high-efficiency 18.5 SEER heat pump! (702) 624-5287