As the weather starts to warm up, it’s important to start thinking about your HVAC system. Here are a few tips to help you keep your system running smoothly during the spring and summer:
- Check your air filters. Your air filters should be replaced every 3-6 months, or more often if you have pets or live in a dusty area. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and make your HVAC system work harder.
- Clean your air ducts. Your air ducts are located throughout your home and are responsible for carrying air to and from your HVAC system. If they’re dirty, they won’t be able to work as efficiently. You can clean your air ducts yourself or hire a professional to do it.
- Clean your condenser coils. Your condenser coils are located outside your home and are responsible for removing heat from your home. If they’re dirty, they won’t be able to work as efficiently. You can clean your condenser coils yourself or hire a professional to do it.
- Check your refrigerant levels. Your refrigerant levels should be checked by a professional HVAC technician on a regular basis. If your refrigerant levels are low, your HVAC system won’t be able to cool your home as efficiently.
- Repair any leaks. If you have any leaks in your ductwork, air will leak into your home, making your HVAC system work harder and wasting energy. You can repair any leaks yourself or hire a professional to do it.
- Insulate your ducts. If your ducts are not insulated, they will lose heat or cool air, making your HVAC system work harder. You can insulate your ducts yourself or hire a professional to do it.
- Program your thermostat. Your thermostat should be programmed to adjust the temperature of your home automatically. This will help you save energy and keep your home comfortable at all times.
- Install a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat can automatically adjust the temperature of your home based on your schedule. This can help you save energy and keep your home comfortable at all times.
By following these tips, you can help keep your HVAC system running smoothly during the spring and summer and save money on your energy bills.
If these tips exceed your technical capabilities, don’t sweat it! Call Robert’s AC LLC at (702) 624-5287 We’ll set an appointment, service your entire HVAC system, and prepare it for summer so you can remain worry-free!